Children & Families Ministry Leader – This role is still vacant following a summer advert. Please read on and get in touch if you are interested in finding out more orn want to talk about aspects of the role. Details at the bottom of the page.
24-27k depending on qualifications and experience.
Do you have a passion to introduce children to Jesus and help them grow as his disciples? Do you have a heart to help a church reach children & families across a town? Are you able to lead, envision and empower other leaders?
We are looking for a Children & Families Ministry Leader to come and join our team and head up the growing work with children (ages 0-11) & families. We see this as a key appointment for Christchurch, and it is an exciting time for us as we take a fresh look at the shape of this ministry.
The purpose of this role is to develop our work with Children & Families within the whole church and across the town, enabling and empowering others in their ministry to children.
Before the pandemic we had a number of groups for children, many headed up by a lead volunteer, which were overseen by the Children & Families Ministry Leader. As pandemic restrictions are lifted this is a great opportunity to re-form our work with children. You will be able to develop new ways to engage and support children and their families in the discipleship journey, both ‘in-person’ and online, within the wider vision and strategy of Christchurch.
Key aims in leading this ministry area
- To develop & cast a clear vision and strategy for our work amongst children & families within the wider vision of Christchurch Baptist.
- To lead, recruit, and train other leaders and helpers, developing their skills through encouragement, enabling, coaching and resourcing.
- To create a curriculum that helps children to grow in their faith, as well as encouraging and equipping parents, grandparents and carers for their part in this.
- To work with the Youth Ministry Leader to help children transition from Children’s work to Youth work.
- To develop outreach work with children, their families and organisations from across the town.
- To enable children and families to find their place within the wider church family.
- To provide a safe environment for children to belong, grow and flourish.
Christchurch Baptist is committed to the nurturing, protection and safeguarding of all who come into contact with us, and a DBS Enhanced Check is required for this position.
A full Role Description & Application Form is available to download below, or alternatively email email@example.com.
There is an occupational requirement for the postholder to be a committed Christian in agreement with the church’s statement of faith. This is because of the teaching and discipleship responsibilities of this role.
This role is still vacant. Please do get in touch to discuss the role at Christchurch or find out more – we’d love to hear from you.
The full role desciption and application form following our summer advert is below for reference.